Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 

how NOT to steal; how TO create change

have you seen this yet?
if not, it's pretty interesting.

been following the site and story for a couple weeks now, but what prompted me to post was this posting by evan:

I also got an email from a person who seemed rather upset at me. He asked me why I would waste everyones time with this Sidekick story instead of focusing on people being killed all over the world. And he's right... Kind of... I am writing about what I know. I have no knowledge of writing about someone else's life. Instead of being upset at me, this person should go start a blog of his own... and get the word out.. And hopefully people will listen... But to me mad at me about writing about what I know...just seems silly.

maybe it's a stretch, but i was in arguments with folks last month about the activism regarding the ocean beach fire policy... the gist: is local and narrowly focused activism about small or banal issues lame and not worth either pursuing or supporting? my hearty and strongly worded response is NO!!!

more when i have time--i've been meaning to write about this for weeks and weeks.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?